Unit X Studio Work

This was an oil painting i did on paper that i didn't put in the exhibition, it is based on some photographs of buildings around the Northern Quarter. I think that this painting is a good starting point as a study piece.
This was another painting that din't go in the exhibition, it is oil on canvas, I liked the stle which I painted it in however I felt that the colours were too muddy and dark.

This is an oil on paper study based on my photographic studies of the Night and Day Cafe. I particularly like the pink colour in the painting in contrast with the black lines, i think it has some similarities to the works of Philip Guston.

This is another oil on paper study i did on the Northern quarter, this one focuses on my interpretation of the street art and the Graffiti around he Northern Quarter.

 Here I was experimenting using emulsion paint to create different effects with line and tone in my work. I think the painting style i have used here is quite similar to the work of Franz Kline.

This is another emulsion paining on paper, trying to convey different aspects of the Northern Quarter.

This was my first painting using emulsion on paper, here I have only used one colour.

Here I used oil paint on card to create a monotone painting, I wanted to experiment further with my use of line and tone, this painting is based on my photographs from around the Northern Quarter.









These are photos which I took around the Northern Quarter to use for painting studies, I particularly like the graffiti and street art on the walls around the Northern Quarter.


 I also did some Photoshop work but decided not to pursue it and instead focus on my painting.


These are my drawing studies from the Northern Quarter. I find this a very useful way of creating a starting point for my practical work as it is quite a quick way to capture visual information about a subject.

See more of my art at davidpearsonart.com.

No comments :

Post a Comment